MTA College Scholarships Available!
The Mississippi Tennis Association's Board of Directors has approved the establishment of two scholarships for entering freshmen at a two year or four year community college, college or university for the 21st consecutive year!
In the spring of each year, a committee comprised of the Chairman of the Junior Tennis Council, a representative of the MTA Board of Directors, and a representative of the MTA staff will choose from among qualified applicants, a male and female recipient of a Scholarship which will be renewable for four years at $1000 a year, for a total Scholarship amount of $4,000.
Qualifications & Criteria
Click THIS LINK to see the full criteria required, as well as the application process and supporting documents required.
Each recipient of a Mississippi Tennis Association College Educational Scholarship is eligible to receive a total of $4,000 over four years. The Scholarship is renewable annually based upon the recipient's enrollment with his/her collegiate institution and his/her maintenance of a "B" average or better.
Applicants will assemble and submit in one envelope the application and supporting documents. Applicants will enclose the sealed envelopes with their application and mail it to the MTA office at PO Box 5388, Jackson, MS 39296.
The following four forms shall be required:
- A typed and signed application from Applicant and Applicant's parent;
- A typed letter of recommendation from a faculty member from the Applicant's high school;
- A typed letter of recommendation from the Applicant's tennis coach;
- A typed letter of recommendation from an individual of the Applicant's choice.
The following must be included with each submitted application:
- Official high school transcript;
- ACT/SAT examination results;
- A typed personal statement of the Applicant which describes the Applicant's college and career plans;
- A summary of the Applicant's past involvement in the sport of tennis, and any other information which the Applicant feels may assist the Selection Committee in evaluating the application.
- APPLICATION - Due May 2nd
- CRITERIA (and Supporting Documents Required)
Mail Application To:
Mississippi Tennis Association
ATTN: Russell Dendy
PO Box 5388
Jackson, MS 39296